About Leaping Lizards
My primary interest and passion all through my career has been the introduction and development of educational learning through an art based program using a thematic intergraded curriculum. I believe that children learn when nurtured, engaged and challenged. As a facilitator I give the children support, materials and the environment needed to succeed.
Along with my husband Glenn Sanger we opened Leaping Lizards in 1989 because of a shared vision and commitment to caring for children and teaching them about their world. Learning should be interesting and fun and should inspire children to want to learn more. Leaping Lizards is dedicated to providing a solid foundation for every child's educational journey.
Jill and Glenn are proud of the many academic achievements of Leaping Lizard's graduates over the past eighteen years.
Leaping Lizards provides a safe and loving environment in which children can evolve into happy kids equipped with a wide range of skills. Our exciting programs include an introduction to math, number recognition, science, language, letter recognition, arts and crafts, music, team building activities, conflict resolution, non competitive games and field trips. We encourage children to share and play together which foster cooperative learning. Most important of all, our school and summer camp are places where a child can experience love and friendship away from home.
Our curriculum is based on the belief that children possess a natural curiosity and a need for creative discovery. By exposing children to a variety of ideas, activities and facts, you can help them use their skills in imagination, observation and critical thinking to understand new concepts.
Our art curriculum has been developed by the director and prepared by the staff for the enjoyment of the children. Our curriculum meets or exceeds New Mexico state standards.
Leaping Lizards Goals
- To provide a wide variety of quality enrichment materials that is easily accessible to teachers and the children.
- To provide ideas for new activities that is developmentally appropriate for children in our care.
- To provide a model curriculum for instruction.
- To show how materials can be used within a wide range of activities.
- To maintain enthusiasm in new and existing curriculum development.
- To inform teachers of additional resource people and materials that are available to them.
- To provide ongoing training that fulfills the requirements of Leaping Lizards School and Camp.
- To maintain a catalogued Resource Library which includes E.Q.[emotional intelligence] resource area. A large selection of books. Thematic packets created by the director. A wide range of field trips. Special presenters. A large collections of C.D.s for the children and Staff. Educational video and training videos for the staff.